Light & Shadow
You will be turning in 3 images using light and shadow. The examples are mostly black and white with the contrast brought up, but they can be color if that looks better for your specific image. Black and white lets the viewer focus on the the light and shadow with out the distraction of color.
- To get a good shadow you want directional light, you need to determine where you want the shadow and use the light to get it there. You can use lights, flashlights in the dark, phone lights, or even the sun. Be creative, think outside the box.
- If you are using glass, clean it, fingerprints will good bad.
- Don't ever use carpet as a background.
- Find backgrounds that will not distract from the subject. Simple background, sometimes paper will work great.
- Walk around your house and look for objects that have a cool shape or will create a cool shadow. Objects that light will filter through. The kitchen and garage might be good place to start.