Design a Custom Full-Color Shirt in Photoshop or Illustrator (Read ALL Instructions)
- Open Photoshop.
- Letter size document (8.5x11)
- Landscape or portrait orientation.
- Name your file and save your work.
- You have text and graphics.
- Edit images in Photoshop. Save as .psd file, then place into illustrator document.
- Text must be created in Illustrator (That way it will be vector and will not pixelate. Photoshop will pixelate type.)
- There must be design elements/skills used when creating your t-shirt in Illustrator/photoshop. You must also use photoshop skills (i.e. Photoshop selections, clipping masks, text effects, drawing tools, etc..) It can be anything you have learned in this course. PLAIN RECTANGULAR PHOTOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON THIS PROJECT.
- Your use of design will be evaluated by your instructor, it is worth up to half of the points of this project.
- You will print from Illustrator to the Dye Sublimation printer.
- YOU MUST REVERSE YOU IMAGE! This is done in the 'Output' settings, inside the Illustrator print dialog. Change emulsion to "Down"
- In the 'Color Management' setting of the print dialog, select the correct printer profile for your printer.
- Also in the 'Color Management' setting of the print dialog, select "Perceptual" in the 'Rendering Intent' submenu.
- Load the dye sublimation paper in the printer. You will get this from your instructor, along with directions on how to load it.
- Click Print.
- A PDF of your finished t-shirt design ShirtDesign.pdf
- A picture of your printed t-shirt ShirtPrint.jpg